Home - HARTs
The Trust functions at local levels
through its HARTS, who in turn ensure effective implementation of Trust's objectives, projects and developmental works benefitting the respective
areas and communities.
Heritage Ambassadors for Rural Tradition (HART) are the representatives of the Trust in different regions across the country. Guidelines for HARTS to function effectively are listed below.
- A HART must identify people in his area who are lovers of heritage and are ,interested in preserving heritage buildings, monuments, natural and ecologically sensitive areas as well as intangible assets in rural and tribal areas.
- A HART must identify institutions in his area which are already working in heritage preservation or collection and documentation of archival material and send information about them to ITRHD headquarters.
- A HART must collate information about heritage sites in the rural areas in his district. This information can be obtained through news, magazines, books as well as interacting with archaeologists and historians of the area.
- A HART must compile information about conservation architects working or residing in his area.
- A HART should visit schools and colleges and educate them about heritage sites and their preservation.
- A HART must identify heritage sites in his area which could be taken up as heritage preservation projects .
- A HART must be proactive in preventing and opposing the destruction of heritage sites, manuscripts, buildings of archaeological significance and bring such action to the notice of the District authorities.
- A HART should maintain close liaison with the authorities of the Archaeological Survey of India and other NGO's working in this area.
- A Hart must develop youth groups dedicated to rural heritage in their respective areas.
- A HART should organise Heritage awareness talks in his area.
- A HART should be the eyes and ears of the Trust in heritage matters in general and rural heritage in particular. He should also identify people and institutions in his area which can fund such heritage restoration projects.
- A HART should himself be a person of impeccable integrity and maintain clean conduct throughout .He is the Ambassador of the Trust.