Home - Work With Us
Work With Us
ITRHD is focussed on heritage & culture conservation and restoration in rural India. Several programmes have already started in some of the states of India. Few projects pertaining to primary school education, women skill development and empowerment, youth vocational training and skill development , improvement in design and skills of craftsmen etc has already started in some of the villages BUT need of volunteers is always felt in all the spheres mentioned earlier.
Following few areas could be looked in to for potential volunteers:-
- ITRHD Website administration, management and improvement in the content, visibility and reach of the website.
The website needs some fresh approach and ideas so it may become much more visible to people who are interested in heritage and culture conservation.
- Ability and knowledge of raising funds from agencies/organisations outside India, for various programmes and projects of ITRHD.
Like most of the NGO’s ITRHD is also in constant need to tap new sources of ideas and funds so that the vibrancy in the organisation is maintained and projects are successfully completed for the benefit of villagers.
- Expertise in conceiving and writing project proposal keeping key goals of ITRHD in mind and applying to relevant organisations for grant funding.
The art of project proposal writing is very critical and expertise and experience of proposal writer is very much important in getting the required grading for receiving funding.
- Developing & hoisting the commercial website of craftsmen (handloom brocade weavers and terracotta potters).
Training the rural youth in managing this website by putting up product photo and features, getting orders and shipping orders and managing the payment system in India and abroad.
- Keeping the profile high of ITRHD through social media, tweet, face book etc.
- Some of the project need skilled hands in restoration of historically important sites. Hence it is important that the local youth is trained in restoration and conservation techniques and modern methods of preservation.
For example in MALUTI village the restoration of century old terracotta temples need constant preservation support from the locals.
- To promote the philosophy of ITRHD & to provide livelihood support to locals, it is very important that on regular basis seminars, exhibition, workshops etc are held. With the team of volunteers it would be possible to conceive, structure and conduct such events with new ideas, concepts and energy.